We are seeking a Senior Trainer to add to our dynamic firm. The Senior Trainer is responsible for all continuing education efforts of the Property Management team. Recently named on the list of Best Places to Work in Multifamily (nationally), we strive to create an environment of growth, support, and teamwork for all team members.
- Create and continuously seek to improve training curriculum and materials. Leverage 3rd party resources where needed. Continuously work with management to tailor curriculum and supporting materials in multiple areas.
- Maintain accurate and detailed database of all training materials.
- Create and maintain training calendar to ensure all employees receive sufficient training on an annual basis.
- Oversee and execute company onboarding program. Adjust program design and training materials as needed for maximum impact.
- Create and maintain on-demand video training portal for all proprietary training courses.
- Routinely release new mini-trainings (video) for team members.
- Manage Gracehill system including monitoring compliance, setting up role-specific assignments, creating new assignments, and creating awards relative to employee education.
- Oversee company mentorship program.
- Oversee mystery shopping program through third-party vendor.
- Perform one-on-one trainings as needed for secret shop follow up or other performance shortfalls.
- Perform classroom-style trainings throughout the year based on training calendar and need.
- Routinely visit properties to offer on-the-job training and check progress.
- Assist in coaching and development of site staff to provide the highest level of role-specific technique, shopping reports and post training curriculum.
- Create exciting and fun ways to mentor, train and develop skills for staff.
- Establish and monitor performance benchmarks (closing ratios, renewal ratios, lead conversion, and shopping scores).
- Monitor resident survey scores and provide training as needed. Publish leaderboards for portfolio.
Skills & Qualifications
- 8+ years multi-family experience with at least 4 years in training. Training experience should include 4+ years of presentation, speaking and leadership skills.
- Experience should include one-on-one mentorship, virtual teachings, and classroom style training.
- Experience in creating and developing multi-type curriculum. Content creation skills required.
- Strong familiarity with common performance benchmarks such as secret shopping scores, conversion ratios, etc.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Experience with Yardi, Gracehill, Power Point, Excel, and Word.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing Laws.
- Strong advocate of teamwork, performance excellence and continuous improvement.
- Ability to travel 2-3x/month. Each trip is expected to last 2-3 days.
- Ability to speak and write English and Spanish is a plus.