The Client Care Team Member is responsible for all payroll-related tasks. Responsibilities include collecting and reviewing employee information. working hours, calculating wages, salary, rates, commission, bonuses, other compensation, time worked, paid leave, holidays, deductions, withholdings, address changes, preparing and processing employee payments, client payroll accounts, and maintaining accurate payroll records via fax, email, call-in, automatic, or ReadyPay Online and provide client with various reports as needed. Primary areas of responsibility surround the processing of payroll, client support regarding products and services which includes having an overall understanding of overtime rules, work weeks, paid time off plans, ad hoc reporting and general knowledge of available products and services. Interacts with clients to provide support and training for overall payroll needs while identifying areas for improvements and recommending other products/services. Acts as liaison between Payday Sales, IT, Implementation Team and Clients to document, communicate and train end users on employee and client maintenance.
- Answers telephone (within 3 rings), quickly and adequately respond to emails from clients and any emails that may be submitted to help desk. Follows up in response to calls and emails by prioritizing escalated client issues, major issues, recurring issues and provide excellent customer support to clients.
- Assists and trains clients in processing unemployment claims, verifications, and update records by state.
- Assists the Year End W-2 Prep Team and Implementation Team as needed.
- Assists with Packout/Shipping, maintain client and office filing, compliance & confidentiality (i.e., court ordered deductions such as child supports, liens and garnishments, SUI/Tax set up, 401k, WC, etc.).
- Creates, provides, and maintains anniversary (including gifts), workers compensation, census, manager, birthday, employee listing, new hire, absentee reports (not paid report) and other reports as needed.
- Defines policies and government regulations affecting payroll while maintaining notes in client account.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions including new hire reporting to VA and multi-worksite reporting to the VEC.
- Expected to escalate support requests that need to go to the Director of Payroll, IT, CFO or President.
- Issues or reissues, physical or replacement checks &/or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final pays.
- Audits and processes payroll for hours worked including pre and post-tax deductions such as insurance deductions and miscellaneous deductions.
- Reconciles payroll to the general ledger and FICA variance report.
- Responds to payroll-related inquiries and resolving concerns; understands all client related issues and compliance per state and addresses concerns.
- Maintain records and assist clients with timekeeping software.
- Facilitates client account changes and enhancements including gathering clear data and concisely documenting requests, verify changes are accurate, communicating, and training the client as necessary.
- Provides continuous training and support to new and existing clients. ReadyPay, ESS Kiosk, Timekeeping)
- Tracks annual compensation and updates performance reviews; updates/maintains employee files annual reviews, benefit deductions/additions in ReadyPay per set region.
- Performs other duties as assigned.